Call or Text (505) 379-5849 ..... .....

Home loans for independent contractors or commissioned employees

How do you qualify for a loan if you are an independent contractor or commissioned employee?  Basically, if you are an independent contractor or a commissioned employee, your income it is essentially treated as if you are self-employed.  The most important factor in determining income and eligibility for an independent contractor is the fact that one must have at least a 2 year work history for this ‘business’. For these types of borrowers, it is imperative that your loan officer reviews your tax returns in order to determine what your monthly income averages out to be.  This is done by calculating your total income over the last 24 months in order to determine your ‘average monthly income’. 


If you are an independent contractor, commissioned employee or self-employed and want to see if you qualify for a mortgage, it is imperative that you have your loan officer do a thorough review of your tax returns to determine what you can qualify for!

Request for more info

If you would like more info please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly. In the "comments below please enter the subject you want more info on. Thanks for your time!
About Michael Dunn

Coldwell Banker Legacy Realtors
8200 Carmel NE Ste. 103A
Albuquerque, NM 87122
(505) 379-5849 call or text
Contact Michael to buy, sell or if you just want information about the real estate market! He has been a full time Realtor for over 13 years! He can also help you when relocating to other parts of the country!

Coldwell Banker Legacy Realtors (505) 292-8900 8200 Carmel NE Ste. 103A Albuquerque, NM 87122